Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Eve Gifts :)


Granny & Paw Paw's home, 5 x 7
Granny & Paw Paw's Front Door, 7 x 5
Paw Paw's Barn, 5 x 7
I miss my grandparents dearly this time of the year. My Granny, Grethel Bowers, loved Christmas. Granny and Paw Paw, Aunt Grace, five children and spouses and twelve grandchildren all got together at my Grandparents' small home on Christmas Eve, and I absolutely loved it. During the day, we played a game called "Christmas Eve Gift." Back before we had Caller ID, we would call each other in the family and try to say "Christmas Eve Gift" before the person on the other end of the line. It was so much fun! It was quite funny when someone outside of our family called and heard that shouted into the phone line. Anyway, if someone said "Christmas Eve Gift" before you, you were obligated to bring that person a gift that night to my grandparents' party. My family still gets together at Christmas, but we now play "Dirty Christmas." So I'm painting these small 5" x 7" paintings of my grandparents' home and barn for Dirty Christmas. I've painted these three and still have two more to do. I hope everyone enjoys them.

No comments:

Post a Comment