Friday, January 29, 2010

Midnight Cup of Coffee, SOLD

Midnight Cup of Coffee, 6 x 6
I think I have a sickness or something. I can't hardly look at things without considering painting it. I was about to go to bed the other night and had fixed a cup of coffee (Coffee has a reverse effect on me... some folks wake up from drinking it... it relaxes me). I had gone to the grocery store earlier, so the fruit bowl was full and I had some extra fruit sitting on my countertop. The coffee, with the apples, oranges, and grapefruit on my green countertop looked like a painting to me. So voila... another painting. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it - love the way you 'built' the apple in the bowl w/only a couple of strokes - I like the red coming through the green countertop too and the coffee mug has great dimension -

    ReplyDelete