Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Princess

The Princess, 6 x 6
nfs
I had to paint Blaire, my youngest, twice... the first one I had painted with the same colors as my boys, but it just didn't seem right, so I painted her using lighter, "pinker" colors. I think this one turned out much better than my first. This is my little red-headed princess. Both of my boys were born with black hair, so she shocked us all when she arrived with her bright red hair. My younger son, Mason, didn't like everyone saying her hair was "red" because it wasn't what he considered red... so he cleared it up by telling everyone it was "red-orange-yellow" hair.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks just like the little angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina--Your portraits are wonderful. And to think that they are 6x6. I don't know how you did them that small. Great Job

    ReplyDelete