Monday, February 15, 2010

Bottle from Dad

Bottle from Dad, 20 x 20
Available at Renaissance Gallery, Northport, AL
Not too long ago, my Dad and I had a special day together and took off to a trade day in Georgia. I had a great time. One of the "treasures" that I found was this beautiful bottle... I was standing there admiring it and asked the lady how much. She replied, "$1.00" and before I could respond, my Dad was handing her a buck and saying, "We'll take it." Dad is one of those people that it seems like no matter where I go, people know him. On the way home, we stopped at this small convenience store/restaurant in Georgia (remember, we live in Alabama). We walked in and the lady behind the counter immediately started talking to him like they were brother and sister. Then some men walked in and hollered, "James!!" (my Dad's name). Anyway, this bottle sits by my kitchen sink and daily reminds me of that wonderful day together. Thanks, Daddy.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely painting - and I love the sentiment too - my dad and I go to an antique/junk show - it spans a distance of half a mile over fields in Central MA - it's filled with over 5,000 dealers - my parents used to take me as a kid, too - I've always loved it. Sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete