Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Son at the Piano

The Songwriter, 8 x 6
I was visiting with my son Saturday before he went to a Tommy Emmanuel and Ricky Skaggs concert with some friends. His friend, Sam, has a girlfriend, Hannah... and her Dad travels with Ricky Skaggs. He got them backstage to meet Ricky Skaggs after the concert. My son loved it. He has inherited his love of music from his father, and is a gifted guitar player. While I was in his room Saturday, he was sitting there playing the keyboard with ease while we were talking. It was a great mother and son moment... one of those that could be easily forgotten... but I wanted to capture it. So I took a few photos and while he was gone I painted this small painting.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gina, Good job with the backlighting. I like how you handled the profile in silhouette... very nice!

    ReplyDelete