Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Demonstration - Gadsden Art Association


Nervously painting in front of a bunch of artists





Craig and me... he's the best.


My almost finished painting...

Last night I was invited by Craig Reynolds to do a demonstration for the Gadsden Art Association at the Gadsden Museum of Art. There was a great turnout, and excitement was in the air for the upcoming Southeastern Plein Air Festival. I was as nervous as a cat doing the demonstration... but folks like Evelyn Brannon and Elaine Campbell made me feel at ease with their questions. Halfway through I realized, "Hey, I've never done a demonstration before..." and then I got all nervous again. :) I decided to have a drawing when I was finished to give the painting to one of the crowd that had to endure watching me paint... and Anna Mullin (who can paint her own apples) won the painting. She seemed appreciative :) Thanks GAA for all the work you do for building up the arts in the Gadsden area. I appreciate you.

6 comments:

  1. Gina You did a great job - made it look so easy! No one would ever have dreamed that was your first demo--way to go girl! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elaine... you're one of the best "cheerleaders" ever. I appreciate you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, I did my first one last year, and I remember the feeling well! Got another one this year so far, and I've got to make some real adjustments! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ralph :) It was a good experience. I found out it's very difficult to explain things while painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've yet to paint in front of a group of artists...and not looking forward to the moment either, hahaha. You did a great little painting here though Gina...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Ron! I'm sure you would do great! (and actually can't believe that you haven't yet!)

    ReplyDelete