Monday, March 29, 2010

Flowers from My Son

Flowers from My Son, 6 x 6
oil on Raymar Panel
Available, email me if interested
I really missed a "Kodak Moment". We were on our way home from church, and I noticed all the beautiful wild jonquils growing everywhere... and told my husband how I'd like to paint some. So my husband pulled over on his family's land down the road to let me pick me some to paint. I was concerned that the ground was too muddy to get to them when my younger son, Mason, offered to go get them for me. I sat there in our car watching him bend over to pick those flowers... it was a "proud Mama" moment. I wish so badly I would've had my camera with me to help me remember the moment. I might've even painted the scene :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the story and I love the painting, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful moments,Gina. Enjoy them. Love the still life.

    ReplyDelete