Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lana Restaurant, Charleston


Lana Restaurant on Rutledge, Charleston
24 x 8, oil on stretched canvas
$425, available at Shelby Lee Gallery, Charleston
detail, Lana Restaurant
This is a painting of Lana Restaurant on Rutledge Avenue in Charleston. I liked the way the bicycle is propped up against the palm... that's something I don't see every day :) I also liked the way the sun was shining through the palm and hitting the wall between the large windows. The reference photo that I used was taken by Joan Perry. I found her blog, Charleston Daily Photo, which is a very helpful blog to read if you're planning a trip to Charleston.... and I hear a lot of folks in Charleston enjoy her blog. Joan told me I could use her photos for my paintings which is such a blessing... since I was only there for a short time and it was raining while I was there. Thanks again, Joan! Ahhhh... Charleston. It's calling my name.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! How fun. I will get a post together as soon as I get a chance so folks can see what you have come up with from my picture. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these especially the tall one.

    ReplyDelete