Thursday, April 29, 2010

Time for Lemonade, Plein Air

Time for Lemonade
12 x 12, oil on Raymar panel
painted in plein air
~SOLD~
I'm looking forward to the 2nd Annual Southeaster Plein Air Festival next week in Gadsden. Plein Air is pronounced "plen air" and it means "in the open air." I decided to paint outside yesterday to "gear up" a little for the event. This is one of the two paintings that I completed. It's at my friends' house, Leigh and Lee. They have a wonderful porch that wraps around the side of their home, where there's a fire pit and a hammock... rocking chairs... this oversized red umbrella over a table... it's really a wonderful setting. My family has roasted marshmallows and made smores with them on several occasions in this spot. Anyway, I told my friend last weekend that I wanted to paint her red umbrella, so I went yesterday. She always has lemonade for us to drink and I always force her to make some of her stove top popped corn... so in this painting, that's her lemonade pitcher and two glasses... one for me and one for her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment