Monday, April 26, 2010

The Whippets - SOLD

The Whippets
20 x 20, oil on stretched linen ~Sold~
Still day dreaming about Gorham's Bluff. If you've never visited the community, you should seriously consider it :) It's like a quiet neighborhood that you read about in novels... or see in movies... and think, "Are there REALLY places like that?" I could actually hear bees buzzing from a long way away from where I painted... it was soooo quiet. And the folks there... they're all so happy! Just before I left, I met Jarman and David, owners of four beautiful Whippets. Mr. Jarman mentioned the "Whippets" to me, and I told him, "Oh, I'd love to see them!" So he didn't even hesitate... we took a little stroll down the road and into his home where I was greeted by these lovely dogs, Isabella, Marissa, Beauchamp, and Piers. I knew immediately that I wanted to paint them. Another "Favor of God" moment... the four dogs lined up perfectly for me on the front porch for me to take their picture.

2 comments:

  1. What perfect painting subjects - I'd like to meet the man that trained FOUR dogs! I'm so impressed and I love this painting - great colors!

    ReplyDelete