Saturday, May 1, 2010

2nd Annual Southeastern Plein Air Festival

Clouds
6 x 6, oil on Raymar panel
available, $100 unframed, email me or use "Buy Now" button below.
I'm so looking forward to the Southeastern Plein Air Festival in Gadsden! The first painting day will be Monday, May 3rd. Over 30 artists from all over the Southeast will be painting in different locations each day, Monday through Friday... then all of our paintings will be on exhibit at First Friday at the Gadsden Museum of Art. This painting was done in my front yard... a quick little study of the gorgeous clouds against the cerulean blue sky. I also tried to capture the shadows that the clouds were making on the ground and the distant mountains.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gina...good looking painting. Looks impressive even on the easel. What holds that one piece that slides back and forth from just sliding back down?? Is there a wingnut on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://catalog.krikegallery.com/viewProduct.cfm?item_id=734062

    Hey Ron, this is where I ordered it from... it's just wedged in there holding the panel.... not wingnut. I've heard some folks put rubber cement in there to cause more friction, but I haven't had to do that yet.

    ReplyDelete