Monday, May 17, 2010

I Took the Time to Watch It Rise - SOLD


I Took the Time to Watch It Rise
14 x 18, oil on linen
~Sold~ Gadsden Museum of Art
Here is the sunrise painting that I did in plein air on the last day of the Southeastern Plein Air Festival. I met Greg Little at 5:30 AM and shortly afterwards Ron Bayens and Chuck and Katrina Weber joined us. It was a beautiful sunrise. What really made the morning extra special was when Katrina's husband, Chuck, got out his fiddle and started playing the most beautiful music. I was standing there painting God's breathtaking sunrise and hearing an angel play music. It was one of those "favor of God" moments for sure. Here are some photos from that morning...
Greg Little painting
Chuck Weber playing fiddle, Katrina Weber painting
My sweet mother came for a short visit and Chuck gave her a short lesson :)

2 comments:

  1. Cool pics of the painting fun. Nice to see the artists out there having fun Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron. It was so very enjoyable....

    ReplyDelete