Friday, May 14, 2010

Sunrise over Nickajack Lake

Nickajack Sunrise
5 x 7, oil on Raymar linen panel
Available, $100, use Paypal link below or email me
On a recent trip to Nashville, my husband told me that there was a great view coming up and to grab my camera. He was right :) While crossing Nickajack Lake, the sun was coming up over the mountain, and I leaned over him and snapped a photo. He's always helping me look for "paintings." Come to think of it, now that folks know that I paint, I hear a lot of "Hey, Gina.... I know what you can paint..."

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really striking. The graduation of colour is spot on and the touches of red in the mountainside lift the darkness. Great, great.

    And what a good husband you have! All my boyfriend ever says is 'Why don't you paint me today?' Everyday! And I have painted him already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline... I went over and checked out your work... great work!

    ReplyDelete