Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Come In Peace


I Come In Peace
8 x 10, oil on linen panel
~sold

A tribute to Toy Story 3 movie, I'm naming this painting "I Come In Peace." My oldest son, Austin, now 16... loved Toy Story as a 2 year old. I remember him having Woody, Buzz, the rocket ship, and playing for hours. He misunderstood Buzz saying, "I come in peace!" He thought he was saying "I come in pieces" and would tear apart things while he played. If you haven't seen Toy Story 3, I highly recommend it. It really hit home with me because the little boy, Andy, is 17 in the movie and is moving off to college. I cried like a baby.

2 comments:

  1. so enjoyed this and your "story". and the painting is just super. Moving on........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Robin! Love your new paintings at the Renaissance :)

    ReplyDelete