Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Meant To Be

Meant To Be
7 x 5, oil on linen
I was waiting on my friend, Leigh, at her home the other day while she ran upstairs to put on her swimsuit. We were taking the kids to a local spring fed lake called "Crystal Springs." I was admiring her decorating and looked up in her entertainment center and noticed this gorgeous orange-red pitcher. I loved it immediately. Why had I noticed it before? I took it down, admired it some more, and then placed it back up in its spot. Leigh came downstairs, and I said, "I love the pitcher." Her eyes lit up and she started laughing... and went on to tell me how she actually borrowed that from her mother in South Alabama so that I could paint it!!! How cool is that? So I took the pitcher home, and when my mother saw it, her eyes lit up and she started laughing... She then got on my computer and showed me a pitcher almost the same color on ebay that she was watching! Now, that's pretty weird, don't you think? So this painting has a bit of my mother (the gerber daisy) and my friend Leigh... painted in the spot that my son picked out for me.... it was just "Meant To Be."

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Wow. Look what happens when you take a down time. Your talent increases! Remember this for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Pam. Yes, the break was nice... I've been working on a larger version of this painting tonight. I really like the RED :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really Beautiful Gina, love it

    ReplyDelete