Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reaching Out, SOLD

Reaching Out
6 x 6, oil on Raymar panel
Sold, Shelby Lee Gallery, Charleston
One thing that I've found out about being an artist is that I have to put myself out there... like when I was a kid and would turn in my work to my teacher... and then see it hanging in the hallway, compared to all the other students' work. It was rough then, and it's still rough now. There's always going to be work much better than mine. I'm not very comfortable at times showing my work. But one of my artist friends told me that it'd be selfish not to show it... I guess I lost sight of that last week. It is a blessing to be able to paint, and I hope to glorify God in doing so. So here's a little Gerber Daisy, a little blessing my mother brought in yesterday morning and put in my favorite vase, and sat in my kitchen window. This little daisy is like me, reaching out into the art world.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you made the vase shine and it's shadow side silky smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam, this one was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete