Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where's the Pear?

Where's the Pear?
12 x 6, oil on stretched linen
These flowers are upset at me. They're both looking for the pears. But the pears are gone, at least for now. I put a post on my facebook page yesterday that I was looking for sunflowers, and within minutes I got a response from a friend telling me where I could pick some about five minutes from my home. Gotta love facebook. (Thanks again, Lynn). I also got an invite from an artist friend who said she had just brought some sunflowers in herself, and that I could come over and paint with her.... but she lives in Massachusetts so that wasn't very convenient. Thanks for the offer, Lisa... I may take you up on it one day! BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing some sunflower paintings from you.

3 comments:

  1. I love painting sunflowers and look at paintings of them too! Your sunflowers have an inquisitive about them - I love that gray lon the left - and the oranges picked up in the reflection of the glass - offer still stand, but I think we should paint sunflowers and some beach cottages now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't FB fun the way it brings us together??

    Sunflowers is always a wonderful subject and you've done it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beach cottages sound marvelous, Lisa... and Marian... thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind comment, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete