Monday, July 5, 2010

Cove Creek Home - Sold

Cove Creek Home
6 x 6, oil on Raymar panel
Sold
Here is another small one that I painted yesterday afternoon from my parents' pier. The river was very crowded yesterday because it was the 4th. My mother cooked bbq ribs, corn on the cob, baked beans, slaw, and stuffed eggs. Then, a couple of hours later... we had home-made ice cream. I love the river... it occupied so many of my summer days growing up. We moved to the house on the river lot when I was eight years old... and I remember thinking, "We must be rich!" We weren't... but I always felt like we were. My favorite country song right now is a song performed by Miranda Lambert, written by Allen Shamblin and Tom Douglas.... "The House that Built Me." The first line is, "You know they say you can't go home again... I just had to come back one last time." I'm so thankful that I can go "home" again, anytime I like.

3 comments:

  1. Sure, if you give me your email I will send you several of the same daisies. Yes, from my garden. Mine is ajoyfulmoc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gina,

    went through your blog...
    full of beautiful posts and paintings...
    you are a wonderful artist...

    congrats...

    ReplyDelete