Friday, July 30, 2010

A Little Shy

A Little Shy
6 x 6, oil on panel
$150, email me to purchase
This little pear is wanting to introduce himself to the beautiful gerber daisy, but he just can't get up the nerve. See how he's facing her, but he's leaning away? That's the way my daughter does when she meets new folks. And when people ask for her name, she whispers.... "Blaire." She's a little shy, too :) I painted this little painting last night and asked my major critic (aka, the hubby) what he thought.... and he said, "Another pear???"

6 comments:

  1. Oh it's just not ANOTHER pear - it looks great, totally has a shy personality - I like the shading on the daisy too and the stem of the daisy -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every pear is an adventure, when you are a painter!

    This is very nice. I really like your values on the pear. It does look a little shy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be able to paint shyness in a pear - now THAT is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa, Virginia and Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful little gem ,love it

    ReplyDelete