Saturday, July 17, 2010

More Than a Memory

More Than A Memory
8 x 16, oil on panel, not for sale
Every July for the past 12 years or so, my husband and I have taken our children to the Sheraton Music City in Nashville for the annual Chet Atkins convention. We love it and always have a great time. It's more than just the convention that we love... it's also the family time that we spend together. This year one of the guests was Steve Wariner. We bought a couple of his CD's and got the kiddos picture with him (see below). And of course, Tommy Emmanuel was there. My oldest son loves to play his songs on guitar. I decided to paint a few paintings for our own home to remind us of the fun that we have on this trip. This is one of them... the entrance to the hotel. It's always a wonderful site when we're traveling down McGavock and take a left into this entrance upon arrival to Nashville. We also got to visit with the Shannon's... some great friends and some fun. So this painting is appropriately titled, "More Than A Memory," because that's what it is to me. My oldest son will be a junior this year in high school... and I realized on this trip that we may not have many more family vacations together. That's hard for this Mom to swallow. I love being a mommy, and I cherish all of our fun times together. I called my sister after returning home and told her how upset I got when I started thinking about how this will all end soon... and she assured me that there are many more special memories on the road ahead. But sometimes, I do wish that I could go back... and hold them again when they were little, for just a week... or just a day... or just a moment.
Mason, Blaire and Austin with Steve Wariner

No comments:

Post a Comment