Sunday, August 22, 2010

Carriage on Church, a "Charleston Memory" painting

Carriage on Church, a Charleston Memory
6 x 6, oil on panel
Available at Shelby Lee Gallery, Charleston, SC
I'm working on a series that I'm calling "Charleston Memory" paintings. On my last visit to Charleston, while painting St. Philips on Church Street, I heard some great historical facts about Charleston from the carriage tours going by... I heard over and over about the "leaning St. Philips steeple." I definitely plan on going on a ride the next time I visit. I took some photos of carriages while there... this is one that I took from my painting location. It's across the road from the gallery that represents me, Shelby Lee Gallery, just next door to Church Street Inn. You can see the awning of the Church Street Inn in this painting.

3 comments:

  1. the red in these latest painting is stunning! I also like the way you interpreted the ground on this one -

    ReplyDelete