Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Revisit - SOLD


Newer version, "Where's the Pear?"
12 x 6, oil on stretched linen
SOLD at Shelby Lee Gallery, Charleston

Older version, "Where's the Pear?"
I revisited a painting and worked on it some more. I liked it before, but I just felt like something was missing. I added a sunflower in the foreground, made the colors more dramatic and also changed the vase from "clear" to "blue." So... did I do the right thing? Should I have left it alone? Comments welcome :)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You work is great. I used to live in tuscaloosa. Ten years. Loved the Renaissance gallery. Will stop by sometime so I can see your work. Have met Nancy Rhodes Harper recently too.
    I love both of the still life set ups you just did. Like the way you changed it up with the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you improved it. Richer colors, more energy and excitement. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both versions. I do (did) love the painting going on in the clear vase though, but agreed the painting needed more. I dunno, maybe just adding the foreground flower like #2 would have taken care of IT. The blue vase is stunning however. It's a risk always worth taking if you sense ROUND #2 will up the ante.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clear vase but the action in the second one is outstanding. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Candy and Angela, and everyone... I appreciate the insights of other artists!

    ReplyDelete