Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bowl of Lemons

Bowl of Lemons
6 x 6, oil on linen
Sold
I had to paint this painting very quickly yesterday morning. When I woke up the sunlight was streaming through the front door, so I placed the bowl of lemons to paint. The light was moving as I painted and I had to keep shifting the table with the lemons. This was a lot of fun and I'm pretty happy with this one. It's another one of those, "I'm going to stop now because it's saying what I want to say" paintings. I "borrowed" the bowl from my mother while she was out of town. She noticed it was missing when she got home. She called and said, "I see that you borrowed by bowl." Ahhh, she knows me too well.

2 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant painting Gina. You could mistake it for an old master impressionist painting. Thats the way to paint them, immediately, Wonderful. All the best Gina.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victor. Quite a compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete