Monday, January 17, 2011

Sew Sweet

Sew Sweet
5 x 7, oil on linen
Available, $150, email me if interested.
This is another painting that I completed at the paint out last Thursday with the Alabama Plein Air Artists. The sewing machine was in a little nook on display. It's just like my Granny's, so I knew I had to paint it. You can see the little set-up below. I moved the lamp back behind the sewing machine to show the effect of the light hitting the back of the machine. Granny's sewing machine was up against a window as I remember it. I wish I had a photo of her sitting at her machine. A lot of love went into her sewing.

4 comments:

  1. I love your commnetary almost as much as I love your painting, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see Granny sitting at a sewing machine like this and peddling to make the needle work. I can even smell the room -- the clean fabric, the furniture oil and a hint of the facial cream she work each night. Great painting, Gina!

    ReplyDelete