Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Favorite Vase Times 8

Favorite Vase Times 8
Another Daily Paintworks Challenge... the challenge was to pick one object and paint it in ten minutes, then stop. Carol Marine also suggested changing the lighting and techniques while repeatedly painting the object 8 times. I felt like I was taking my multiplication tests again in second grade when the alarm went off and I had to put down my paintbrush. "Pencils down!" This was a great exercise... as I experimented with brushes, thickness of paint, and medium. The first 5 I painted with different brushes and thinned my paint considerably so that I could paint more quickly. The last three I used the stand and linseed oil mixture with a little bit of mineral spirits, and more paint. I noticed on these three that I had to be more decisive where I put my brushstrokes. So... which one is your favorite? (Start with #1 going across the top, bottom row starts with #5)

3 comments:

  1. I think my favorite is #7. Of course, #4 is great. #5 has a perfect shape and I like the background color and the shape is also really good on #8 with its dark shadow ....... ok they're all good. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Linda,all your attempts worked out beautifully each in their own way.I also love the painting within a painting.

    ReplyDelete