Saturday, February 26, 2011

More Precious Memories

"More Precious Memories"
18 x 14, oil on linen
A few months ago, I was commissioned to paint a house from one of my favorite areas in Gadsden, Turrentine Avenue. This is an "old home place" for a couple that I met last year, and they gave me some reference photos to use when all the azaleas were blooming. No one lives in the home now... yet they want to remember how the home was at one time. I started the painting in plein air, then finished it at home using the reference photos. Then, after delivering the painting, I received a phone call from a sibling that also wanted a painting of the home. This is the second painting... the first one along with the reference photos can be seen here... it was titled "Precious Memories."

No comments:

Post a Comment