Monday, February 28, 2011

Red Vase


Red Vase


Another great challenge for the Daily Paintworks site... this time the challenge was "The One Color Per Stroke Challenge" and the challenge was to place one stroke at a time and leave it, then mix the next color on your pallette, place it on your canvas, then leave it. Also, I used a #6 Bright which was suggested (1/2"). Storms are headed this way and I got out early this morning and set up my still live on the back patio. The wind really started whooping it up and my little flower kept blowing every which-away. There's nothing like getting up early and painting outside with all the little critters serenading me. Here's a picture of my setup and my finished painting. You can see the other entries for the challenge here.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the Challenge! Love that vivid red vase with the reflected blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gwen! I've admired your detailed paintings for quite some time now!

    ReplyDelete