Monday, March 7, 2011

Peaceful Morning

"Peaceful Morning"
11 x 14, oil on linen, Sold
This is a commissioned painting for a relative of mine... It's a picture taken of my "Uncle Ollie." I don't remember much about Uncle Ollie except that he had kind, knowing eyes that really seemed to be attentive to a young child. This is painted from a photo taken by his daughter, Rebecca, after his wife had passed away. She told me that the little dog's name was Sam. They always took in a stray dog and would name him Sam, no matter what. She's not sure if this is Sam the Fifth or Sam the fourth. Oh, and one more thing about Uncle Ollie... he made the very best tea I've ever had in my life. If you wanted some of his tea at a reunion, you had to get there early. Thanks Becky for giving me the opportunity to paint this for you. It was a joy.

3 comments:

  1. I just love this painting and the way Uncle Ollie and Sam are strolling towards the light! The story is lovely, too! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, this is simply captivating. I could look and look and look and always see more.A wonderfully successful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth and Susan... very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete