Monday, April 11, 2011

Ol' Home Place - Sold

Ol' Home Place - Selma, Alabama
8 x 10, oil
This is one of the commissions from my Selma Pilgrimage trip. I met Pam at the end of the paint out and she saw some of my paintings and asked if I could paint a home in Selma that she used to own. I went and took some pics of the beautiful home. She then emailed me and asked if I had started the painting yet, because she found an old photo of the azaleas in front of the home, with the house a different color, and she wanted to know if I could paint the house this green color instead. The home is yellow now. This was a little bit of a challenge for me to paint it differently than my reference photos, but I enjoyed it very much.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a delightful painting! Those splashes of pinks in the front are perfect!

    ReplyDelete