Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Silver

Silver
6 x 6, oil
Available at Shelby Lee Gallery, Charleston, SC
My sweet man went to a flea market recently and came back with an awesome silver pitcher for me to use in my still lifes. I had finished up another painting yesterday and was pretty tired but had a lot of paint left on my pallette. The pitcher was hollering out to me... "PAINT ME! PAINT ME!" so I decided to have some fun with it. I actually love the way this turned out. It's a little abstract for me... could have something to do with the fact it was midnight and I was pretty weary... but I painted the way I wanted to paint... like a little girl let loose with some paint and brushes.

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. You did such a good job making the silver shine. Love your selection of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry, I appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete