Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Summer Fun

Summer Fun, 6 x 6
This is where I spend a lot of my time in the spring and summer. It's my parents' back yard, on the Coosa River. Actually, behind their home is what is called "Cove Creek." It's a beautiful quiet place. I moved into this home when I was eight, and I spent many days sitting, suntanning, or fishing on this pier. I painted this over the weekend while my kids were playing in the beautiful Alabama sunshine :)

News:
Last Week to Register!!! (Register by April 15)
Gadsden Museum of Art is hosting a 3 day painting workshop:
"Everyday Painting with Lisa Daria and Gina Brown"
at the Gadsden Museum of Art, Gadsden, AL, May 31 - June 2, 10 - 4
Explore the discipline of painting every day and discover how these two artists' practice of daily painting produces artistic growth. Lisa and Gina agree that continuous painting is by far the most effect way to improve creativity and image-making skills. This is an opportunity to explore both acrylic and oil painting mediums.

$200pp, click here to register (through Paypal)
You may also contact Gina Brown if you prefer to pay with personal check. Gina's email address: ginab@internetpro.net

No comments:

Post a Comment