Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Cousins - SOLD

The Cousins
10 x 10, oil on linen, SOLD
Recently while painting with the Alabama Plein Air Artists at the Selma Pilgrimage, I painted a painting of three friends (Brandon, Maddie, and Malachi) and posted on my blog... you can see the first painting here. The next week I received a phone call from the grandmother of Brandon and Maddie, and she said she'd seen my painting on my blog and wanted a painting of the three friends as well. I had told her that they told me they were cousins, and she laughed and said they tell that to folks... Anyway, I was tickled to get to paint them again. I phoned the purchaser of my original painting to make sure it was okay that I painted a similar painting (thanks Debe!) I sent Lisa, the grandmother, some different photos that I had taken of them so we could make this painting original and different from the first. I hope you like it, Lisa, and thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely painting. Even from the back, you can tell these children are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! It's a Great painting!

    ReplyDelete