Monday, May 16, 2011

Gadsden's Railroad Bridge - Something Old, Something New

Something Old, Something New (Gadsden's Railroad Bridge)
11 x 14, oil on linen
Recently, our local train bridge was given a fine paint job so I decided to paint it during the Southeastern Plein Air Invitational. Here's an article about painting the bridge. I painted this the morning of the tornadoes. Incredibly, the day started out with a horrible wind storm that converted to a beautiful sunny morning. I was beginning to think that maybe the worst part of the storms was over. However, I developed a horrible headache just after I finished and barely made it home. Steve at the museum announced that the Red Cross said the storms would hit our area around 3:00 PM. I tend to get migraines when a storm is coming... and this one was a nauseating one. I only painted this one painting that day. The destruction the tornadoes made just four miles from my home is indescribable.

No comments:

Post a Comment