Saturday, May 14, 2011

Limelight - SOLD

Limelight
6 x 6, oil
~Sold~
On day four of the Southeastern Plein Air Festival, I went down to the colorful homes on the water in Southside, in a subdivision called "Harbor Point." This place makes you feel like you're at the beach. I painted a view of the water first but the whole time I was painting, I kept turning around to walk away from my painting and this lime green house was hollering at me, "Paint ME! Paint ME!!!" So when I finished, I was loading up my things to move when the owner drove up. I told her that I was going to paint her home but that she was under no obligation to buy the painting... I just wanted to paint it. All the little homes have names, and this one is appropriately named "Limelight." I think I could paint every home in that subdivision. One funny story... my mom and daughter came down to visit me and they didn't know where I was painting... when my daughter saw this green house she told my mother, "I bet Mom is painting that green house!" She knows me well :)

3 comments:

  1. Great painting--you really nailed all the details including the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, brightly colored homes - you are so lucky a lime green house - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. annielayden@comcast.netMay 18, 2011 at 6:27 AM

    I really like this painting. I've been looking all through your paintings on facebook and now your blog site. You have some really amazing paintings! I especially like this one! It's happy, warm, peaceful....I just love it! I'm a new painter and have a couple pieces at Renassiance Gallery in Noethport. You "liked" one of mine the other day. Thanks for your input. Look forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete