Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CGP (Certified Guitar Player)

"CGP"
18 x 6, oil
Last week we attended the Chet Atkins convention in Nashville, TN.  This is a painting of one of my boys' favorite performers, Tommy Emmanuel.  We've gone to the convention since before my 9 year old daughter was born... and every year my boys (now 14 and 17) go down front and sit on the floor at Tommy's feet to watch him play.  This is "their view" of Tommy playing.  Once when they were little, Tommy got on the elevator with us, and my boys were completely starstruck.  The convention is a wonderful tribute to Chet Atkins.  The title "CGP," meaning Certified Guitar Player, is one that Chet lightheartedly gave to himself and just a few others:  Steve Wariner, Jerry Reed, John Knowles and Tommy Emmanuel.

$425.
Click here to purchase through Paypal, or email me.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is what special family memories and traditions are made of. Love the painting! Wonderful perspective:)
    Did you ever get the easel you had asked about? Hope so! I am really enjoying mine. Take care!

    ReplyDelete