Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Here Comes The Sun

"Here Comes The Sun"
6 x 6

If you've never heard the story behind this famous Beatles song,  I'd like to share it with you.  It was written the year I was born :), by George Harrison... who said the winters in England seemed to go on forever, so when spring came around, he was more than ready for it.  He was escaping the business side of being a Beatle, and visited Eric Clapton.  While at Clapton's house, he grabbed one of Eric's acoustic guitars and walked around the garden while writing this song.

I thought this was an appropriate title for this painting for two reasons... one being the obvious... the sunflower seems to be coming right at you, the other, because I seem to be exiting my winter of a slump with my painting, and I'm more than ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment