Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Machinist

"The Machinist"
9 x 12, oil on linen

I fell in love with him when I was fourteen.  I remember dancing with him on the gym floor, and he sang to me... and I knew.  This is the boy.   He left me roses in my locker with no note.  He knew that I would know, they were from him.  He treated me like a princess.  He was never jealous, because he knew that I loved him.  We grew up together.  He put up with me, and I put up with him.  Folks ask, "Do y'all ever fight???"  Of course we do.  But we forgive easily.  Now we've been married twenty years, and I love him more now than I ever have.

This is a picture of Vann and me when we were fifteen.

3 comments:

  1. wow - story and painting wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. Congratulations! I can see he makes sparks fly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, that is a fantastic story. I think Vann is a lucky guy. Lots of folks wander and are very lonely. I read this and it made my heart smile. I'm the guy who bought your Imperial painting. I think your work is amazing and so real and touching. Even if it is a truck sitting in a field. You have a talent and a gift. Keep on....

    ReplyDelete