Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful Poppies

"Thankful Poppies"
7x5, oil
$150, click here to purchase

So many things to be thankful for... tis the season to focus on faith, family and friends (and in Alabama, football).  My oldest son's senior football season has sadly ended, but I know that there are much more happy, wonderful events in his future.  It was almost too much for me to see him looking out at the field after the last game, taking a deep breath, and seeing the realization on his face that he'd just played his last game.  I once told him, "There's more to life than football."  And he wisely replied, "But there's a lot of life in football."  I loved seeing his passion and dedication in something that he loved.  I know that this same passion and dedication will spill over into other areas in his life in the future.  I've thoroughly enjoyed watching him play football over the years... I will miss it dearly.  Here's a picture of him below running one of his final touchdowns...  Go Jackets!  and Go Austin Brown!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful impressionistic poppies!
    It sounds like your son has had a great season,and you're right,one door closes and many will open ,for someone who is used to competing it will be a walkover.

    ReplyDelete