Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"The House That Built Me"

"The House That Built Me"
20 x 24, oil on linen

This was my Christmas present to my parents.  This is still my "home" from my childhood, the house where my folks still live.  I moved into this house when I was eight years old.  If you look closely, you can see my son's jeep and my Dad's truck under the shade tree, and also my minivan.  It's a "River Day," because you can see the jet ski hooked up to the back of my Dad's truck.  My mom is probably making ice cream on the back porch, and we're probably all sitting around her... except for my daughter, she is on her yellow scooter, zipping around the house.  I'm posting a close-up below.

detail, "The House That Built Me"

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely present and beautiful place to grow up!!

    ReplyDelete