Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Missy, the Westie

"Missy the Westie"
11 x 14, oil on linen
~Sold~

Missy is a commission I just finished.  My friend Carol called me and said she wanted me to paint her friend's dog for her as a gift.  (I painted Carol's dogs for her as well a couple of years ago).  I love painting dogs.  Their little eyes show so much of their personality.  Sorry for the horrible glare at the top of the painting.  It's a rainy day here in Alabama and it's near impossible to get a good photo outside.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season... and I hope my artist friends are enjoying painting special Christmas presents for their loved ones.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, you painted such a wonderful, curious expression here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture of the fur looks great and you've captured a really sweet expression on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a better Christmas gift! Beautifuly and expressively done, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Maria, Azra and Susan!

    ReplyDelete