Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crying Tulips

"Crying Tulips"
10 x 10, oil on linen panel

Here's another painting "study" that I painted in consideration of painting larger.  I love how tulips get "top heavy" and seem to droop their little heads.

I guess I title this painting "Crying Tulips" for two reasons:  1) the already stated and 2) I absolutely hate it that today is the last day of Christmas break for my children.  I love having them home.  I still homeschool my daughter, but my older two sons are in high school, with my oldest being a senior this year.  Last night, after the Stanford / Oklahoma State game... we loaded up at almost midnight and went to a nearby Huddle House and ate a huge breakfast together.  I don't know about them, but I had a blast.  Time just flies by... and I try to hold on to every moment.

Thanks to everyone that sent me get well wishes here and on facebook and through private messages.  I'm much, much better today!

No comments:

Post a Comment