Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!!! "Tulips 3"

"Tulips 3"
10 x 10, oil on linen panel

My first post of the new year... which would've been posted yesterday had I not been sick with fever.  I'm completely out of my head when I have a fever :)  There's no telling what I may have typed.  What a way to bring in a new year!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and send me notes of encouragement.  I do appreciate it very much.  

I'm currently working on a series of paintings such as these... I'm calling them "studies" for larger paintings.  I have purchased some huge (to me) canvases... 24 x 30, 30 x 30 and 30 x 40... but before I dive into painting, I want to paint smaller to see how I like the subject over a period of time.  

I once read an interview of a songwriter and they asked him what was his favorite song he'd ever written. His answer was, "The last one."  I get caught up in that sometimes with my paintings.  But after the newness has worn off, sometimes I don't like it as much as I did right when I finished it.  

This painting, however, I'm liking more and more each day... and I'm thinking I may tackle painting it larger.  

Happy 2012 to all my blog readers.... blessings and best wishes for your best year yet :)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're better Gina!I love the colours and brushtrokes.Any of your paintings would look great on a larger scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Gina. I like it. Happiest of New Years to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous..especially the stems..the color..tough to repeat I bet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. I love this piece...the colors, composition and brushstrokes and so very appealing.

    ReplyDelete