Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kind Tulips

"Kind Tulips"
24 x 12, oil on linen

Sometimes we have bad days.  I am blessed that most of my days are wonderful, but every once in a while I have a doozy of day.  I had one this week...

If you read my blog, then you know that I have a close family.  On the "bad day" my mother called me... nothing unusual in that... I see her nearly every day since she lives so close to me.  Mama knew something was wrong.  I told her that I didn't feel like I was a good mother, and I think she knew I was crying.  And I don't cry often.

God sent two special ladies to my rescue that day, because right after that my husband called and told me his mother had one of my favorite meals cooked and wanted to know if I wanted to come over for lunch.

While I was there, I received a call from my mother.  She and my Dad were at my house....

When I got home, I walked in to find a beautiful bouquet of tulips with a note attached with words from a recent movie that we saw together.  "You is smart. You is kind.  You is important.  Love you, Mama."

Now how could I resist painting them?




4 comments:

  1. Self reflection is an important attribute to have,its what keeps us trying to improve ourselves.How wonderful to recieve love in so many ways on such a day!! This painting is gorgeous!! I love the light on all the surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful insightful mother you have. Your story brought tears to my eyes. Since seeing the movie "The Help" I've remembered those same words. Just a few words yet so very meaningful. Beautiful painting. Very cheerful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful painting, and I love the photo of how you set up the scene. Your artwork is wonderful! I love the Savannah painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading the story behind the painting and knowing you have such a large and wonderful support system to help you through the bad days. The painting shows your heartfelt appreciation. Its lovely, Gina - and so large :)

    ReplyDelete