Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mimi and Pop Pop

"Mimi and Pop Pop"
6 x 6, oil

Here's a small painting of my Mama and Daddy getting their exercise together.  Aren't they sweet?  All of their grandchildren call them "Mimi and Pop Pop."  My oldest son is now 18 and when he's speaking of his grandfather, some of his buddies will say, "Who?"  And he'll reply, "My Pop Pop."  His friends will start laughing and my son will figure out they're just wanting to hear him say, "Pop Pop" again.  

My Dad surprised my Mama with a new bike for Christmas.  He had it sitting on the front porch for her when we got through opening presents... he said, "Mimi has one more!"  

6 comments:

  1. This is so heartwarming to see your parents out together like this!! Your painting style is fantastic and I especially love the shadows!!
    Why don't you enter for this weeks DPW challenge to paint wheels??Or have you already done that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azra! I put it in the challenge :) Thanks for looking out for me...

      Delete
  2. What a dear picture and so lovingly painted by you. You are so lucky to still have both your parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blessing indeed, Jerry. Thanks for the sweet comments.

      Delete