Sunday, March 18, 2012

Selma Pilgrimage - Day 1

Orrville Academy / Dunaway House
12 x 12, oil on linen panel
~Sold~

A time to reflect and a time to rejuvenate....  that's what the Selma Pilgrimage does for my soul.  I just returned from my third visit to Selma and my third "Selma Pilgrimage."  If you love history and you've never visited, I highly recommend you mark the date on your calendar for next year.  The locals are proud of their heritage, as they should be.  It's a beautiful little nook in Alabama rich with history.


This was my first painting at the Pilgrimage of the Orrville Academy / Dunaway House.  To read about a little bit of the history of the home, click here.

The Orrville Mayor posed for me to take his picture :)

This year the Alabama Plein Air Artists were invited to stay in Selma's local artist Karen Weir's daughter's home.  Karen was a spectacular hostess, and her husband Jim is precious as well, and didn't seem to mind all of us free-spirited artists invading his home.

I saw some old friends and made some new ones.  It was a wonderful trip, once again.

~To be continued~

2 comments:

  1. The way you did the light on the columns makes them positively glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on selling this beautiful painting!! I love the cool shadows in the front!

    ReplyDelete