Friday, March 30, 2012

Vincent

"Vincent"
8 x 6, oil on linen

Using the same palette as the sunflowers painting that I posted yesterday, painted Van Gogh's self portrait from his painting of himself.  I noticed the painting had almost the same colors as his sunflowers painting, so thought I'd give it a go.  My daughter came in my studio and announced that "Mom is painting a scary looking guy."

Let me just say, I thoroughly enjoyed painting this painting.

Painting in progress, with Van Gogh's self portrait I was using to paint from...

4 comments:

  1. Love the colours and I can see some of your style in this portrait which makes this amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think you rock. Love the Van Gogh portrait--and don't worry about not getting into "The Group" At least you tried which is more then I have ever done.

    ReplyDelete