Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 3 - Painting from Sunrise to Sunset

"Crappie King"
5 x 7, oil on linen

Yesterday was a full day of painting for me... from 5:30 AM until 7:00 PM.  I loved it!  On the 2nd day of the plein air festival, I developed one of my notorious migraines and had to go home and go to bed.  So it was wonderful to feel like myself again.  I painted five paintings yesterday (4 of them small).  I'll be eventually posting them all.. but wanted to share this one first.

Yesterday was designated as "Painting along the Coosa River" day, so since I had felt so badly on Tuesday I decided to paint from my parents' pier.  My Dad (also known as "The Crappie King") decided to go fishing.  When he came back, he had caught quite a few fish... and was smiling ear to ear.  I took some pictures of him... and then asked if I could use one of the fish to paint.

 There he goes...
 He's back...  "I caught A FEW!!!"
My Dad... aka "The Crappie King"
I love this man.

4 comments:

  1. THAT is a beautifully painted fish. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal :) It was fun to paint!

      Delete
  2. You really made that day special. Beautiful painting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheri, it was a blessing :)

      Delete