Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 4 - Quick Draw Event

"Light and Shadow"
8 x 10, oil on linen

This is my entry to the Southeastern Plein Air Festival's Quick Draw event...  It was two hours long and I had a hard time picking my subject.  I needed to be set up and ready to begin at 2:00, and at about 1:58 I finally pulled over and decided to paint a pretty, colorful home.  As I was setting up the easel, I looked across the street and saw this home and the afternoon sun hitting the side of it, blinding me almost.  Change of plans... paint it instead.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I really like the strong contrast between the sunlight and the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to join you on this festival!! This is beautiful,I love the play of sun and shadows!

    ReplyDelete