Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Jim & Karen's"

"Jim & Karen's"
8 x 10, oil on linen

I painted this painting as a gift to Jim & Karen Weir, wonderful hosts to several Alabama Plein Air Artists during the Selma Pilgrimage.  This was my third year to attend the Pilgrimage... but the past two years I've rented a hotel room.  This year, we all were invited to stay at Jim & Karen's residence, and it was my best time yet.  They were WONDERFUL.... doing much, and expecting nothing in return.  This is a small "thank-you" to them both for their kindness.


And BIG news... Monday is the first day of the 4th Annual Southeastern Plein Air Festival in Gadsden.  Fifteen artists from across the Southeast will be painting in different locations around town.  I'm soooo excited!!!  All paintings will be for sale and on exhibit at the Gadsden Museum of Art beginning Friday night, April 13.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gift and so well painted. You are such a good artist.

    ReplyDelete