Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunset Through the Trees

"Sunset Through the Trees"
16 x 8, oil

It's funny how several times when I'm out painting and I'm about to set up to paint, I change my mind at the last minute.  This was another instance where that happened.  The plein air artists and volunteers were invited to the Fuller's home on the brow Thursday evening to paint and eat supper.  The view is SPECTACULAR...  and the home is PHENOMENAL... plenty of subjects to paint, for sure.  But as I was getting my things out of my vehicle, I saw the sun setting through the trees along the Fuller's driveway, and loved how the light was shining brightly on the grass, and how the spots of light got softer and longer as they moved towards me.

Special thanks to the Fullers for having us!

No comments:

Post a Comment